OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need to stop reading the forums while at work

Started by steinb3rg, December 29, 2016, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steinb3rg

After reading a bunch of topics on sights over the last couple days, I just ended up ordering an FFIII, 336 mount, 8-40 tap, and a #28 drill bit. Looks like the Viper is moving into the modern world. Will update with pictures once I have everything mounted on the gun. Turkey season cant get here fast enough for me to stop spending money.

USMC0331

Congratulations, I'm sure it will help you bring big boy down!

Armyvet4583

I'm in the same boat. However I ordered a Mueller quick shot. Also have emailed sumtoy about a new choke. Nice thing about that is we are from same town so get to shoot choke for for I buy it.  :z-guntootsmiley:

backwater

Quote from: steinb3rg on December 29, 2016, 04:03:39 PM
After reading a bunch of topics on sights over the last couple days, I just ended up ordering an FFIII, 336 mount, 8-40 tap, and a #28 drill bit. Looks like the Viper is moving into the modern world. Will update with pictures once I have everything mounted on the gun. Turkey season cant get here fast enough for me to stop spending money.
Your going to love that set up.   I did the same thing to my Nova last year.  I couldn't find a gunsmith that was familiar with the Nova so I did it myself....with the help of this forum.

steinb3rg

I also acquired a free Spartan single shot 20 that I plan on sending to Sumtoy for his special treatment (threaded for choke and drilled and tapped for the FF3 mount). Gonna try to kill 1 bird each with both setups.

the Ward

You will love the ff3 with the 336 mount. It is a really nice setup for a turkey gun for sure!

steinb3rg

Well got my barrel back and the 20ga is ready to put pellets on paper. Have a few boxes of 3" heavyweight 7's and a box of 3" golden pheasant 6's to try. Plenty work before the Saturday opener.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: steinb3rg on December 29, 2016, 04:03:39 PM
Congrats!!!You mean it actually stops for people?

steinb3rg

It never stops but I'll stop spending money on turkey hunting and start on other things. It's a never ending cycle

Jmbradt3873

Quote from: steinb3rg on April 04, 2017, 12:04:30 PM
It never stops but I'll stop spending money on turkey hunting and start on other things. It's a never ending cycle
Amen, like gas and food and coffee. And don't forget thermacell refills.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk