News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tc Encore Pro Turkey 12 Ga 24"

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', December 16, 2016, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on December 23, 2016, 07:04:30 PM
I want to try a red dot at first,i can buy the Bushnell  trs in Realtree ap hd where i got gun.I am also interested in the gobbler stopper if i can find it in Realtree ap hd as well.

The Truglo is made in Realtree APG.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Hooks' n' Beards'

After a bit of banter today with my dad and brother,i am now seriously considering replacing the optics with "Ghost Ring" front optics.I have shot them for years on my Bps,love them and i wont be adding any weight to my new gun.I need to find out who makes them for the Tc Encore 12 ga barrel.I already have numerous turkey scopes and 2 reflex sights to tinker with if i want.I am not really a fan of reflex sights,just old school i guess.

TScottW99

I've been shooting a 12 gauge Encore for turkey for several years. I'm using a Pure Gold .670 choke with Hevi-Shot Magnum Blend. I have it topped with a Leupold NWTF turkey scope in 1-4. I couldn't be happier with its performance. It's been one turkey killing machine.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

tnanh

Personally I have had bad luck with bushnell optics. Love the circle x but have had three quickly fail on turkey guns. One on a 3 1/2 inch 12 gauge 870 and two on 20 gauge turkey guns. Scopes will not hold up to recoil. Like the idea of the trs 25 but am afraid to buy one. Shells are expensive and when you get an optic zeroed and then it fails you have to start over. Lots of money in ammo waisted. Wish I would have just spent the money on quality optics in the first place. Leopold with turkey plex or Nikon monarch turkey pro if you can find one is the way to go next time for me. everyone is different though. Have also used Williams fire sights in the past and they were good, I just need magnification.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Been using Bushnell scopes for ever,3.5",.50 cal etc no issues.I am a loyal Bushnell customer.My walls are plastered with animals i have shot with their scopes.I am not blinded by "Made in America"....But hey,that's me.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Ordered the weaver base locally,picked up a box of 3" LB XR #6 today to put through gun.Still debating on adding a scope,leaning towards a ghost ring setup if i can figure out if one is made for this gun.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I have put a scope on this gun and am shooting win lb #6 from the choke that came with the gun.I have only hunted with it 2 mornings so far,with so many choices to pick from.This gun is a great little addition,it does kick but it patterns well and shoulders great.I am taking it out tommorow for the day.

1iagobblergetter

I didn't like the open sights mine came with years ago so I put a Nikon Turkey Pro on it. I also use a Rhino .660 for a choke shooting Htl 3/2/7s. Works great...Turkeys close in to 40yds no problem.

Strutr

My 12 ga Encore is the model that preceded the "pro series" guns.  It wears a red dot sight on a TC sight base.  I killed a number of birds using the factory turkey choke with Winchester Double X shells stuffed with 2 oz of buffered, copper-plated #6 shot.  This year I switched over to a Carlson .660 choke and Winchester Longbeards with 1.75 oz of #6.  My only concern was getting a bird in too close.  I shot two PA gobblers at 30-32 yards with the new combo and was very satisfied with the results.  I had test patterned a couple of the old Double X shells with the new choke and would have been very satisfied to hunt with that combo, too.   

RED NECK

I think i only hunted with this gun a few times last spring and that is it.I spent some time on it the last few weeks and put my trusty bushnell 1.75 circle plex scope on it and took it today to pattern and all i can say is...dynamite.I put a test shell through it and it was dead on.So i fired one Longbeard #6 3 inch at 30 yards and could not believe the pattern with the stock choke...I then stepped back to 40 yards and fired one and was amazed with the pattern.It was that easy and I didn't even need to test the other few types of ammo I had purchased to shoot.There is no doubt that this is a thumper when you pull the trigger.I have purchased 3 other new turkey guns since this but this will be my go to this spring...the 20 gauges can enjoy the safe.

I was never a real believer in the smaller gauges.I do really like big guns.I do wish they made this in a 10 gauge.I am now looking for a 10 gauge single shot.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I have been thinking of trying a reflex or red dot on this before season and putting the bushnell back on the bps 12 gauge.I have rad great things on the mueller,burris and vortex reflex sights.I am a little concerned on them holding up to the "thump"....It may see 5-8 shots a year going forward...unless something drastically changes.

SOCOM304

A buddy has the T/C in a 12 GA as well. His patterned H-13 #6's &7's great from a Primos original Jellyhead .660 constriction. The 6's were 160's&the 7's crowded the high 180-190's in the 10" at a confirmed 40 yards.

RED NECK

RED NECK

Happy

Really like those guns. The wife has one in .270. I have toyed with the idea of buying one of the 12 gauge for turkeys but never bit the bullet.....yet.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club