OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Nice PA Fall Gobbler  (Read 2102 times)

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
Nice PA Fall Gobbler
« on: November 01, 2016, 03:02:42 PM »
Well after hunting the two week season in NY (seen tons of hens that I was giving a free pass to as I wasn't looking to shoot hens and two big gobblers which never presented me with ethical shots), I decided to take a farmer up to his offer in PA and it paid off. He called me a week ago and said that almost daily, he had a flock of about three mature toms that would fly out of the roost and land in his pastures. From there they would use a drainage ditch to move from the pasture to a cut cornfield so I had a general idea where to set up a blind. I slipped in early on Halloween morning and watched them fly into the pasture. They began to come my way into the cornfield and with some light calling, I had them coming right too me and at 25yards, I sent my arrow on its way and ended up with this bird on the ground at 9:15am. Birds Stats: 20.65lbs, 11 3/8in beard and 1 1/4in spurs. One of my better PA birds in along time

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Re: Nice PA Fall Gobbler
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »
very nice!