OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The Extra Mile  (Read 1605 times)

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
The Extra Mile
« on: October 19, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »

"Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two." - Matthew 5:41

My wife and I were staying in a nice hotel for a special occasion. One day we went to the pool, and before we could get seated, attendants brought us towels and ice water. When I went jogging, as I re-entered the lobby, a bellman gave me a bottle of water. They kept surprising us with unexpected extra mile service.

I really believe that any corporation, organization, or ministry, where extra mile service is a part of the culture, will have a greater impact for good. Extra mile service goes beyond what is expected.

Do you know who originated the idea? Jesus Christ. He said, “Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.” Rome ruled their culture, and it was legal for any Roman soldier to ask a civilian to help them carry their armor for one mile at any time. The people greatly resented it. So what Jesus taught, shocked them. But following Jesus calls for extra mile service. Even if you are not a follower of Jesus, that little extra is always appreciated.

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net