OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fall 2016

Started by Will, September 29, 2016, 05:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Whose hunting this fall and where. What does the forecast look like as far as your success?

I'm hunting Western Maryland and haven't scouted yet. Not sure what the acorn crop looks like out there but if it resembles anything like I've seen at my deer hunting spots in central Maryland it's bleak. The fall season comes in the end of October.

willy8457

Hunting central pa, lots of acorns  and grapes , no beech nuts  . Seeing lots of birds . Hunting New York in a couple weeks.

fallhnt

Hunting IL and MO. Archery and gun. Always do good.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

crow

I'm going to hunt western Md. and several places in Pa., looking forward to it

I talked to a buddy in Maine, he's seeing birds out in cut hay fields right now

jakesdad

Hunting NE MO. Conservation Dept says fall hunt will be "challenging" this year due to low hatch counts. Put into perspective though, "low" count in MO is usually many more than youd find in most other states. Havent scouted much. Season starts tomorrow(Oct 1) so i'll be headed out to see whats happening. Will just be glad to finally get back in the woods regardless of how the hunting is!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

KYFrid

Will be heading out Friday after work to hunt the WV opener. Then back home to KY to hunt. Been so busy with work haven't got to scout like I should.
Have a pretty good idea about WV. KY will be a whole new ball game though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Will be hunting here in Indiana. Bow and gun.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

CMBOSTC

Will be hunting Green ridge in Western MD. Plan on going up the morning before opener to do some scouting.

1iagobblergetter

I'll be hunting NE Iowa starting Wednesday for a couple days with my boy. I usually do real well. I haven't heard how our hatch went but I don't think they were rained out this year and I seen a lot of hens with young. I'm looking forward to just being away from work and everything else know matter how I do.

CMBOSTC

CMBOSTC

Saw a lone gobbler on Saturday around 10am. Heard a few hens since then.