turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shot again SBEII + Gobbler Gun Choke + Hevi 7's

Started by neal, April 05, 2011, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

I shot my gun a few weeks ago when it was 27 degrees so today it was 50 degrees with a light cross wind so I wanted to give it a try again. I shot twice at 40yds with a range finder, SBEII 24" barrel Burris speedbead .665 Gobbler Gun choke Hevi 7's 235 in a 10" circle and 242  in a 10" circle, so then I went back to 60yds and shot same combo and had 58 in a 10" circle and 150 in a 20" circle, the patterens where very even with little to no voids, and the shells are this years shell lot #'s.

Opps those 60 yard #'s where magblends the 7's where 70 in a 10" and 193 in a 20" so I'll be using 7's for sure!

Needless to say I am very happy with the results and looking forward to SD this Friday!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: neal on April 05, 2011, 05:09:55 PM
I shot my gun a few weeks ago when it was 27 degrees so today it was 50 degrees with a light cross wind so I wanted to give it a try again. I shot twice at 40yds with a range finder, SBEII 24" barrel Burris speedbead .665 Gobbler Gun choke Hevi 7's 235 in a 10" circle and 242  in a 10" circle, so then I went back to 60yds and shot same combo and had 68 in a 10" circle and 150 in a 20" circle, the patterens where very even with little to no voids, and the shells are this years shell lot #'s.

Needless to say I am very happy with the results and looking forward to SD this Friday!

Neal

I'd say you're ready to go. Great sounding patterns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

sugarray

Go get a good Merriam or 4.  I'll be anxiously awaiting your results.  Weather looks like it is going to be great.

beagler

Sounds good! I'm waiting for two boxes of Hevi 13 in #7 to come to my doorstep for patterning. Going to compare to my Nitro H517T's and Magnum Blends.
Never Misses

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

doepee

Them are pretty awesome patterns Neal, sounds like you are ready to go getem... :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions