OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 2/10/2011

Started by Roostem33, February 10, 2011, 07:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

A friend shared this with me, thought i would share it also.

Who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.(1 Peter 1:5-7)

No matter how difficult, do not unplug your faith, even when things get rough. Keep trusting God and His promises. Why? Well, look at what verse 5 says: We are "kept by the power of God through faith." When you keep your faith plugged in, you are then kept by God's power.

That word keep means to preserve. It means to protect, to guard. It is used elsewhere in Scripture of a garrison of soldiers protecting something. When you are going through a trial, God will protect you through His power when you trust Him.

That word power is the same word in the Bible translated miracle. I take it to mean this: When you or I are in a season of trial, if God has to work a miracle to keep us and protect us, He will do it.

Whatever your trial...keep trusting

Have a Blessed day!!
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thank you Jody for the Blessing!!

Praise the Lord I currently have no trails today, and the Lord has seen me through them in the past!!!  :jesus-cross:

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

turkeyeye

Thanks for sharing.  I am in a trial and I know that God is there with me.  I have faith that things will be better and that I will come through this a better Christian.

turkey slayer

Executioner

"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4