turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi #7s and PG-670?

Started by Belo83, April 05, 2011, 12:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belo83

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I want to make sure before I spend the money.

I was on pure-gold's website and it mentions #4-#6? Any thoughts? This would be for an 835

http://www.gameacc.net/pgold_hunt.htm

All of our 12 GA turkey chokes come in a .670 restriction. With the internal design of our choke, this constriction will allow a hunter to pick and choose what size shot works best in his gun from #4's thru #6's in all types of turkey loads including Hevi-Type loads. As with all of Pure Gold Chokes, if you are not happy with the performance of the choke, return it to the place of purchase for a full refund!

Also, cabelas no longer sells the pg670 for the mossberg and the only other site I found was midwestturkeycall at $64 or puregold's at $69, both plus shipping. Anyone have another site?

Gobble!

Give PureGold a call they will help you out.
:icon_thumright:

VAHUNTER

PG is one of the best on the market. great choke that produces fantastic patterns  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

goblr77

Hevi 7's will shoot good out of that choke as well. 835's seem to like chokes in the .670-.680 range.

Belo83

well i emailed them and got a really quick response. they said it would do just fine. but funny thing, they mentioned i might have better success with 3's instead of 3.5" shells...

BHhunter

I e-mailed PG and ask about that choke for my 935 (same barrel dia as 835), and they told me shoot the 3" #7's as the 3 1/2 "blow the pattern", but it seems like most people on shoot the 3 1/2  from their 835/935 and the PG.670 with very good results.

goblr77

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: goblr77 on April 05, 2011, 02:34:43 PM
Shoot the 3.5 2.25 oz 7's.

Yep.  I have compared the Hevi-13 3" 2oz loads and the 3.5" 2 and 1/4oz loads of #7's out of the Star Dot choke in my 835, and the heavier payload is where it is at.  A lot denser patterns. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I can tell you the 3" 2oz load of Hevi-13 7' won't come close to this.

knightrider

my 835 loves the pg670 with the 3in 2oz magblends and i do get better patterns with the 3 over the 3.5

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 05, 2011, 07:36:12 PM
I can tell you the 3" 2oz load of Hevi-13 7' won't come close to this.

Sure won't. You're pattern with the 870 is the closest thing I've seen to 300 with a 3" factory load and it don't hold a candle to that.