turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody recognize this choke?

Started by KYStalker, July 25, 2016, 03:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYStalker

I bought this for my mossberg 835.  Appears to be stainless steel with a knurled end and straight rifling.  The only markings are "Super Turkey" with a picture of a turkey foot.  I haven't shot it yet and don't know the manufacturer or constriction.  Any info would be appreciated.
If you're not first, your last!!

agent eight seven O

Very neat choke tube. Not sure, but it might be made by Briley. Let us know how it shoots. I'd guess it should be a shooter.

allaboutshooting

At one time Briley used "Super Turkey" on some of their chokes and of course they made a straight rifled turkey choke. The early models were also marked "lead only", were knurled and non-ported. I've not seen one with the turkey track but that does not mean they did not do that at one time. The rifling is shallow but is readily apparent when you look at it from the muzzle end.

The ones I've owned were made from "stainless" steel, probably 17-4 but I can't state that certainly. I still have a very early model "Mobil" choke that I used for several years with my first SBE. It was, and still is, a very good choke tube.

My guess is that is what you have.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

KYStalker

I sent an email and photos to the email address listed on briley's website.  The reply said that it appeared to be an older briley choke from 15+ years ago.  Mr. Clark was right on track.  Now I'm curious to find some calipers and get an exit diameter.

KYStalker

Never got an exact diameter, but my scientific method of using my pinky told me its nearly identical to my .675 choke.  Just patterned it and was very pleased to see results just as good as my Indian creek.  The pattern density is good at 40 and very evenly spaced out to 20".