OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: weird turkey hunting tips  (Read 24785 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: weird turkey hunting tips
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »
don't smoke crack
Well it's kinda hard to drink!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2018, 08:54:48 AM »
Don’t let the weather keep you from going. Learn how to hunt less than ideal conditions most effectively and be confident in your approach. I look forward to spring thunderstorms in a way that has made others uncomfortable. Not only do the fair weather laymen hunters leave all the birds for you. You also have in my opinion the BEST non turkey noise to locate a gobbler. Thunder is almost automatic. They can’t help but rattle off a gobble. It makes them much more vulnerable and that’s where most of my 3+ year old birds have come from.

"Fair weather laymen hunters" I like the sound of that! LOL
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Online RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2018, 09:56:35 PM »
Not only do the fair weather laymen hunters leave all the birds for you. You also have in my opinion the BEST non turkey noise to locate a gobbler. Thunder is almost automatic. They can’t help but rattle off a gobble. It makes them much more vulnerable and that’s where most of my 3+ year old birds have come from.

Killed my first bird ever to thunder. Don't remember how me and my dad first got on him but it was mid afternoon and a storm was about to blow in and every time it would thunder he'd hammer. I'll never forget the sound of that deep thunder rolling through that hardwood bottom. Every time I go in that bottom I can dang near hear that thunder and see that bird falling off that ridge!

Just last year I went out scouting one morning and it was supposed to rain about an hour after daylight. Started that rolling thunder again and that bird gobbled every single time. Had a perfect, "no interference" trail of which way he was walking. So a little thunder can be awesome