turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Started by Duke0002, April 04, 2011, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"When we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son" (Romans 5:10).

We carry inside ourselves an instinctive bartering system. "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. You have to give to get.  You only get out of it what you put into it.  There's no free lunch." The list of bartering phrases can go on and on.

After Adam and Eve sinned, life in this world became a barter system.  It makes sense.  So, no wonder it's impossible for human nature to grasp the beautiful simplicity of the Gospel.

That God chose to love us and save us while we were His enemies makes no sense to a people hooked into paying for, deserving, or making trade-offs for benefits received.  The Gospel (the message) of our salvation in Jesus Christ seems "upside down and backwards" to human nature.

By God's grace, there are those golden moments when the Holy Ghost provides insights and faith.  The Lord grants the humbling, magnificent, grace-filled sense  that God chose to offer His enemies reconciliation.  Before our personal conversion, we were all enemies of God and lost eternally. 

It was the horrifying sufferings and death of God's Son, Jesus Christ, that changed the rules and bought His enemies eternal reconciliation, which is claimed by the gift of faith alone. 

It's not possible to barter with God concerning your salvation.  The work of your salvation has already been accomplished in Jesus.  Now God's "upside down" is the only way to be right side up!

May the Lord give you His "golden moment," when you know His forgiveness and reconciliation with clarity.  Grasp it by faith -it's yours!

-Dale

BOFF

Amen Dale!!!

Great devotional!!

God Bless,
David B.

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mmims

Roostem33

Great message Dale, thanks for sharing!!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer