OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington SP10 23" barrel??

Started by rem 300, June 22, 2016, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rem 300

I just picked up a new in the box SP10 from the early 90's original bottomland it has a 23" barrel. Anyone shooting a 23" barrel? If so what are your results with your setup?

Old Gobbler

I had a extra 26 and it shot the same as my 23 so I sold the 26

my rusty memory is telling me that the 26 inch sp10's are actually all 25's .......
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

rem 300

dbat6922

I have a 23 inch on my 10.  Love it.  Jelly head choke with hevi 13 is a great combination for me.

rem 300

Quote from: dbat6922 on August 04, 2016, 08:03:31 PM
I have a 23 inch on my 10.  Love it.  Jelly head choke with hevi 13 is a great combination for me.

Thanks

rivermafia

I have the 23 but wish i still had my first one with a 30 on it! Much better shooting gun IMO.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: rem 300 on June 22, 2016, 10:12:50 AM
I just picked up a new in the box SP10 from the early 90's original bottomland it has a 23" barrel. Anyone shooting a 23" barrel? If so what are your results with your setup?
reading my earlier post , I obviously must have been inhaling too many engine fumes , I don't see where you asked anything about a 26 inch barrel , lol ...

tried many combinations with my 23 inch sp 10  but have come to rest on the kicks choke and federal hw number 7 combination , it routinely puts 200 pellets in a 10 inch circle and the patten is nice and big allowing for error , a fed7 pellet  out of a 10 gauge will break a gobblers neck , I've seen stray pellets break a gobblers leg before at 40 , it hits with authority

the federal 10 gauge loads shoot at 1300 fps and has good patters and knockdown , and is real easy to buy at many places , and relatively affordable , stock up if you can
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Dr Juice

My cuz has the exact same one as you and it is a killing machine. Look at this bird I shot with it this past season. He's head was destroyed. I shot it about 30-yds away and never witness a bird bleed like this one. You would have sworn that I hit a deer in the lungs - simply unbelievable. I used Win Supremes #4s with a jellyhead choke. Good luck with it.

rem 300

Quote from: Old Gobbler on August 27, 2016, 09:01:28 PM
Quote from: rem 300 on June 22, 2016, 10:12:50 AM
reading my earlier post , I obviously must have been inhaling too many engine fumes , I don't see where you asked anything about a 26 inch barrel , lol ...

tried many combinations with my 23 inch sp 10  but have come to rest on the kicks choke and federal hw number 7 combination , it routinely puts 200 pellets in a 10 inch circle and the patten is nice and big allowing for error , a fed7 pellet  out of a 10 gauge will break a gobblers neck , I've seen stray pellets break a gobblers leg before at 40 , it hits with authority

the federal 10 gauge loads shoot at 1300 fps and has good patters and knockdown , and is real easy to buy at many places , and relatively affordable , stock up if you can

Thanks for the info