Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Finished in 2nd place...

Started by BowBendr, June 04, 2016, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

...taken out by one bird. We did good guys, we were so close to going back-to-back as champions. We came up about 10 points shy.
Hookedspurs' big bird for the Crusaders scored right at 80 pts. That is huge for a single-bearded tom. If I am going to be beat by one bird, I am glad to see it was Steves' personal best gobbler in all his years of hunting. Hope everybody had fun, I appreciate your full participation and great pics. You guys make it easy. I hope that you all have a great summer, kill some good deer this fall, hope that lots of ducks fall to your sets and we all meet again here next year. Stay safe !
-Scott

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

MDbowman

Thanks again Scott for stepping up as Captain. Pretty cool that all 12 on the team scored a bird.

derek

Nice work to all, and thanks to you BB for being captain once again!  I also think it's pretty cool we had 12 longbeards on the scoreboard for once.  We got a good group of killers here.  See you all next spring!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

hookedspur

Quote from: BowBendr on June 04, 2016, 10:58:23 AM
...taken out by one bird. We did good guys, we were so close to going back-to-back as champions. We came up about 10 points shy.
Hookedspurs' big bird for the Crusaders scored right at 80 pts. That is huge for a single-bearded tom. If I am going to be beat by one bird, I am glad to see it was Steves' personal best gobbler in all his years of hunting. Hope everybody had fun, I appreciate your full participation and great pics. You guys make it easy. I hope that you all have a great summer, kill some good deer this fall, hope that lots of ducks fall to your sets and we all meet again here next year. Stay safe !
-Scott

Thanks ! You guys had a heck of a year again this year and I see no reason to think it's going to change next year,,,Great job and congrats to the gods of thunder team ...
2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

Congrats on another great year GoT.  Great accomplishment having all your team members kill at least one bird.  You guys are good sports, as well,...and that is what the contest is really all about. 
Hope to see everyone back next spring,....for the "rubber match".
You guys have a good, safe year!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Doug Lewis

Congrats to all! Thanks again Scott, for hanging in there with us! Hope to be back again next year!

canadatom

Congrats everyone!! Was a blast once again, can't wait for next spring to take back our crown! Have a good summer and fall hunting season.