OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Spring creek scratch box  (Read 6746 times)

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Spring creek scratch box
« on: May 26, 2016, 01:20:18 PM »
Was holding out for a different scratch box at the end of season but then Mike put his sound file up for his mohagany scratcher with the redheart striker and I new it had the sound I was looking for. Needless to say, Mike sent it out very quickly and I got to play with it yesterday. Not going to lie about it. I personally had a little trouble finding the sweet spot on the striker along with the right angle with the sound board but man when it all came together, look out. That thing sings. It didn't take long but it did take several minutes. I knew it was just me and that I'd figure it out shortly but was really wanting to hear those sweet sounds immediately. Really like the design of this thing. It's flat like a wallet and will ride easily in a shirt pocket if need be. Might see another box in the future.

Offline Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Spring creek scratch box
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »
Awesome. Thx for the feedback.

Offline Smooth_Operator

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
Congrats, I own a bunch of Mike's scratchers and I don't go into the woods without at least one of them in my shirt pocket. Mike is a great guy to deal with as well...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:48:39 PM »
Congrats, I own a bunch of Mike's scratchers and I don't go into the woods without at least one of them in my shirt pocket. Mike is a great guy to deal with as well...

Sure seems to be. I don't know much about the man other than simple online interactions but he sure seemed like a stand up fella. I know I like the scratch box well enough to keep it and that's saying a lot as I've found myself getting rid of lots of calls lately. Anyway, just based on simple design alone, I may end up with another or two as time goes by. Love to have one in my vest, one in my glove box and one in my "pack light it's, going to be a long walk" pack.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:17:20 AM by wvmntnhick »

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:25:23 AM »
I don't have any scratch boxes (yet), but Mike is a 5 star guy. I have several of his box calls and all are excellent and the service was great. Recommended!
 :turkey2:

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 12:27:23 PM »
I don't have any scratch boxes (yet), but Mike is a 5 star guy. I have several of his box calls and all are excellent and the service was great. Recommended!
 :turkey2:

I do plan to try out one of his boxes after playing with the scratch box. Personally, I feel if they can master a scratch box, a box call should be a walk in the park comparatively. Could be wrong but it seems to me that the smaller Odessa oils pose more problems with tuning just based on size alone.

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:16 PM »
wvmtnhick,

Make sure to check out his sound files on Sound Cloud. You can find the link in one of his classified ads. Lots of good calls at good prices.

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 01:10:57 AM »
Nice snag! That scratcher does sound sweet.

You can't go wrong with Mikes scratchers or boxes.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 06:23:05 PM »
I bought some scratchers from Mike a couple of years ago and had a question on how to run them. A day or so later, I opened my email and there was a vid. from Mike, especially made for me, demonstrating how to run them. Now that's customer service!
Mike's a great guy, no question...

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 10:15:44 PM »
I bought some scratchers from Mike a couple of years ago and had a question on how to run them. A day or so later, I opened my email and there was a vid. from Mike, especially made for me, demonstrating how to run them. Now that's customer service!
Mike's a great guy, no question...

If possible, I would love to see that video.

Thanks.

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »
Volume and rasp.  That mahogany with redheart striker has it.  Mike is really great guy and passionate about what he does. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Online vt35mag

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
I have the same one, great scratcher.  Slick design too.

Offline RalphWTO

Spring creek scratch box
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:42 PM »
I've been looking to get my first scratch box. Spring Creek's seem to come up a lot. Did y'all just order right off his website? And request the combo you liked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »
I've been looking to get my first scratch box. Spring Creek's seem to come up a lot. Did y'all just order right off his website? And request the combo you liked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He had it listed in the classifieds here when I got mine. You can shoot him a pm here and I'm betting that if he's not swamped or hunting he'll get back to you pretty quick. Since the scratchbox I've gotten a box call and another call from Mike. Like doing business with the man because he's reasonable, like most on here. Used the scratchbox yesterday and called a bird close enough to shoot but he was shielded by some brush. Needless to say, he's still walking but it certainly wasn't any fault of the call. It did its job.

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
I just purchased a wormy chestnut scratcher from Mike and I absolutely love it.