OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Starting to plan for next year.  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Hayudog

• The Boss Gobbler
Starting to plan for next year.
« on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »
I think I left a few days on the table this year.  Helping with a move in April put the hurt on my days in the field. So, I'm starting my plan for next year..... Now.

Youth season is the second week of March here in Cali.  I'll plan on that weekend in the field.

Opening general season is 3rd weekend.  Toating a gun will need to be a draw hunt on public land.  Have not had one of these in 3 years. Only draw this year was with a youth.  My guess is plan on not hunting with a gun in Cali. My private land hunts are all bow hunts. Need to hunt in Cali earlier next year.  It was a full push to get it done in the one week I left myself. 

I plan to hunt Iowa again next year. Invite hunt, should be around April 18-26.  I have a score to settle with some big boys on public land.

I'll be hunting Idaho next year.  May 1 -8 or so.   If I get an invite to Montana from a recent retiree, I'll hunt there.  And the same area of Idaho as this year.  If no Montana hunt, I'll try more east for a white tipped Merriams in Idaho. The two this year had a Rio cross in them I think. Washington is just a few miles west, and has a two bird limit also. Could be a good combo state hunt.

I have a standing invite to PA.  OTC tag.  Hunt all day after May 15. I need to put that on the books.

So, early March is open. Maybe an "O" bird from Florida.  I'll look into that option. Early to mid April I'm flexible and will keep options open.

That's the initial plan for next year.  Things can always change, but I hope only for the better.  Making planned hunts always commits me to more days in the field.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Starting to plan for next year.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
I'm already making plans for next spring as well. I'm looking at FLA, SC, Kansas, PA, NY, and maybe Bama. After that bro, I'll be retired. So we gotta hook up and hunt together!!

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Starting to plan for next year.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:53:03 PM »
Yeah I am thinking about it too
I am looking at either Nebraska or,South Dakota,
I know being the good lord willing and the devil don't but in going to Missouri
And here in ms

Offline WildSpur

• Longbeard
Starting to plan for next year.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39:35 PM »
I am biased but PA is a great place to hunt!  Any gobbler getter needs to experience what we have here!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less