OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What recoil pad for a 870 super mag?

Started by Browning4140, May 20, 2016, 05:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning4140

Which recoil pad to you recommend to help tame the recoil on the super mag?

owlhoot

Remington's own supercell, it outta fit . :)

snoodlum

Just put a Limbsaver Airtech on my 935 . took off old pad , slipped on the Airtech . doesn't look bad !  They also make a bolt on pad but a lot more expensive

TrophyTracker

The Limbsaver Airtech pad is awesome. It is very soft, yet is way more durable than the Supercell. Something that makes a big difference when walking through a lot of scrub oaks with your gun over the shoulder in a sling. The recoil absorption is second to none. I have one on all my duck and turkey guns. The part # for the bolt on Remington pad(synthetic stock) is 10805
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Longshanks

The Supercell pads by Remington have been working great on my 870's. I have two 870's with limbsaver pads on them as well and the guns with supercells seem to kick less.

HFultzjr

I have a Mossberg 500 with 18.5 inch barrel and weighs very light.
Shooting 3" mags, it's like holding a stick of dynamite.
Added a "slip-on" Limbsaver and it's now like an M-80.
Still bucks and roars, but big improvement.
:fud:

longislandloco

"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

allaboutshooting

For a permanent installation, it would be very hard to beat either a SuperCell or a Limbsaver pad. Both work very well and spread the recoil out over a larger area and make it much less painful. At the bench, it's hard to beat either a Shooter's Friend or a slip-on Limbsaver. The Shooter's Friend is my favorite because it has a large footprint and only adds 1/4" to the LOP. It's also very inexpensive and can be moved from gun to gun. The new model is not sticky like the older ones were.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Old Gobbler

Remington supercell has worked for me , I even have one on my sp10 and it noticeably reduces recoil on even the heaviest loads , I have one on my versamax , and the combination of the new gas auto system and recoil pad make that gun a dream to shoot

However ....I had a supercell break down and come apart on my sp10 , I don't know if it was the weight of the 12 pound gun or gun oil , or a combination of both , but I store my supercell shotguns muzzle down in the safe for long term storage , the good thing is supercell scan be picked up for19$
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hunter177

Just bought an 870 Super Mag and it came with Remington's Super Cell pad on it.
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot

eddie234

I have a limbsaver slip on, I use it at the range then take it off. When you shoot a real turkey you don't notice the "kick".

BINK McCARTY

Without doubt Remington Supercell....it absorbs recoil better than ANY pad I've ever used!!!! $20 plus tax/S&H....best $$$$ you will spend!!!! I have one one my 700 BDL S/S in 7mm Rem. Mag. the recoil is literally that of a 22-250.

strutzone

I have a Limbsaver and like it a lot. Cant speak of the Supercell because I have never used one. I also use the slip on while at the range for additional comfort while sighting in.