OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: whats the big fuss with 336 mount?  (Read 19298 times)

Offline 01Foreman400

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Huntin Fool
Re: whats the big fuss with 336 mount?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 05:34:08 AM »
The 336 mount sits lower and is a much cleaner look.  Had it on mine for several years.

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »
Will this mount fit on an M3020 Stoeger if it's drilled & tapped?

Offline obro

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 08:58:12 AM »
It would be nice if you could get the 336 without the holes drilled . Then you drill the holes to match the factory hole in your gun . It's backwards to drill a 300 to 1400 dollar gun to fit a 40 dollar mount . How about drill the 40 dollar mount to fit the gun . I know it would be asking a lot to have the mount pre drilled for each shotgun brands factory spacing . That being said I bet they would sell more mounts if the spacing was for Remington and Benelli than they do for the Marlin spacing .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:07:34 AM by obro »

Online Spurs Up

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
It would be nice if you could get the 336 without the holes drilled . Then you drill the holes to match the factory hole in your gun . It's backwards to drill a 300 to 1400 dollar gun to fit a 40 dollar mount . How about drill the 40 dollar mount to fit the gun . I know it would be asking a lot to have the mount pre drilled for each shotgun brands factory spacing . That being said I bet they would sell more mounts if the spacing was for Remington and Benelli than they do for the Marlin spacing .

I understand what you are saying. However, if it had no predrilled holes it wouldn’t be a “336” mount. Burris manufactures several very similar models with differing hole configurations. The 336 was originally designed for fit on Marlin’s 336 and 444 models. It just so happens to also fit any other gun that has a relatively flat top receiver and whose mounting holes are spaced 0.5” apart. The latter is pretty much the standard on American-made firearms.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 05:09:27 AM »
There are other mounting options out there as of 2019. when I replied to this post in 2016 before sumtoy started making mounts, plus a couple others who have made mounts since then...there really at that time was no other option for an 870 except the saddle mount, or simply adding a picatinny, weaver, base plus the mount itself. Personally...I still live the 336 mount. but if it was a new build id probably use sumtoys mount system just for the side protection that it has to keep stuff from hitting it if you knocked the gun over.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."