OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Struck out  (Read 2188 times)

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
Struck out
« on: May 14, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »
Sorry guy but I haven't been a good team mate this year in more ways than one.
Late last fall I moved 2 1/2 hours away and took a new job.  New hunting grounds.  I was pretty excited about trying some new territory.  Well, the new job kept me out of the woods early in the season.  I did take off the last week and did end up calling one in for my boss.  A decent 2 year old but nothing great.  Today I had 3 going.  The boss gobbler got side tracked by a hen and the two at the bottom of the hill shut down when a cold hard rain hit.  This is the first year in a long time that I got skunked. 
I do thank the Lord that I'm still able to scramble up these hills and listen for his majestic gobblers. 
My apologies for not helping the team this year.  I'm hoping that I find some decent grounds to hunt next year.  Just not enough time to get out and talk to the local farmers and too many projects at work.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
Struck out
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »
No worries steve. Glad you at least got to hear a few. Sure there are better springs ahead. It's been a tough year around here weather wise for me. Forecasting a possibility of snow tomorrow. Congrats on the move and I hope you enjoy your new location.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Charley B

Re: Struck out
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »
No problem Steve, i understand totaly.
I whis you great success with the new job.

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:44:10 AM »
Nothing to apologize for Steve, you tried and that's all anyone expects of a team mate.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:00:04 PM »
While I'm not a WM, I can totally feel what Steve is feeling. Difference is, I hunted my tail off to come home empty handed. Had a blast but still blew it in the end. Next year though. Next year for sure.