OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Five more days!!  (Read 3006 times)

Offline TN Beard Buster

Five more days!!
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:21:03 PM »
Alright guys!! We've only got 5 more days!! It ain't over till the fat lady sings and I'll hear her late Sunday afternoon. I'm gonna try a couple evenings tomorrow and Thursday if the weather allows. I'm off Friday, in addition to the weekend and I'll be out there every chance I get. I'd love to get a 60+ point bird and see some more of y'all bust a biggun too!! I know this season has been strange, but that's why the call it hunting instead of killing!! Good luck to all those who get out! The old birds will be somewhat vulnerable these last few days if you can find em!!

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Five more days!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:19:26 PM »
Good luck to you guys who are still hunting.
I made my 6th trip Saturday morning.  2 out of the 3 last hunts I've botched a kill that would've been 3&4 but it didn't happen. Didn't set up like I should've either time had 4 birds come in from different directions Saturday at the same time and I screwed up and got pegged by one under 30 yards. Know doubt in my mind that I could have upgraded. Hopefully Saturday morning I can put it together. I've wanted so bad to go before church on Sunday's but haven't. If I could pick up a place closer to home maybe I can hunt more next year.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:08:28 PM by Tennessee Lead »

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Five more days!!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 10:25:02 AM »
I had those 14 long beards that have disappeared into thin air.....

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Five more days!!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 12:54:02 PM »
Let's hang in there fellas. Those old birds are getting lonely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline calebb

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:33 PM »
I've had one of the most frustrating seasons I can ever recall. I've been in the game most days I was out but something always seemed to go wrong for me. Its the first time I can remember not killing a bird here at home.  I leave for Kansas in a few days though and I'm hoping for a different story, always had good luck out there and hopefully this year will be no different. I should still be able to come up with some points for us before the buzzer sounds.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Five more days!!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 09:16:25 AM »
Good luck in Kansas!!

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Five more days!!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 05:25:34 PM »
Good luck in Kansas!!

X2!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 08:17:44 PM »
Good luck in Kansas! I was supposed to go to Kansas and they said birds were running over each other but issues at work stopped me. I am taking off in the morning and trying to catch the one long beard that seems to be hanging around. May get lucky. This has been the toughest year I can remember. There were years when I was young and dumb but at least I had birds..........

Offline Tennessee Lead

• Longbeard
Five more days!!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 08:40:41 PM »
Tomorrow morning should be a good morning and Saturday morning as well

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 06:54:14 PM »
Two gobbles all morning. One was 500 yards in the wrong direction and one was a jake on the other side of Indian hill. Trying another spot in the morning.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

Five more days!!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 08:06:22 PM »
Good luck everyone!! Looks like I am finished for the season. Have to work this weekend. Should be some great weather, hopefully the birds will want to work.

Offline Brad_23

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 04:47:36 PM »
I'm a Tennessee guy that was lurking all season here rooting for the dream team to pull off a friendly victory.. Maybe next year.. Some nice birds taken this yr congrats to all those that scored..