Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who all is still hunting ?

Started by Roost 1, May 08, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Just curious as to who all is still hunting. It seems to me we have a chance to win this thing. I have noticed that some other teams are scoring multi bearded birds, not just the longest beard. If this is allowed, which according to the rules it isn't, I still have my 6 bearded bird we can use. He scores over 140"....

hookedspur

I have one more weekend in Ohio.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cmadams

Wish I was! Going to try and get a few more states next year! 2 and done in NC! But I did have an awsome year I got to be part of 6 birds doing the flop!

wvmntnhick

Every morning but you'd not know it. Sad thing is, these are places that hold birds. Darned things gobble every morning on the roost then shut up and move off. I've tried various calls, excited calling, mundane calling, lots of calling and no calling. They just will not cooperate. I think they forgot to read the play book.

hookedspur

Well its over for me this year ,,,BUT if the Lord keeps me healthy enough I will be after them again next year..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

I am done, as well.  I still have to post my biggest bird's info for the team score,...and hope to get that done here in the next couple of days. 

vicksburg

I am leaving Thursday with my 11 yr old son to Nebraska for one last hunt.  I may shoot a bird there, but will mainly be there trying to get him his 3 longbeards... if he does that quickly, then i may pop one...
]

snapper1982

wvmntnhick

If all works out, I'll get two more cracks at it. I'm looking at going out Thursday evening and Saturday morning if it all works out. Hoping the land owner is cool with it but it'll be my only shot in Maryland for a bird at all.