OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2016 - Picture Heavy  (Read 3172 times)

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
2016 - Picture Heavy
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »
It was a great year this season. Seen plenty of birds and next years crop looks to be bright as well. Killed two SC birds, with one being a bird I chased for 3 years.  Had a few opportunities to tag out but did not happen for one reason or another.

My first hunt was a double with a great friend. I heard good gobbling compared to what others have said, would say it was an average year and a little better than last year.

Hunted with another friend for the first time. We even went to Kansas together and had a blast out there.

There is nothing like the spring time. I hate to see it over but I am glad to take a break! Until 2017!!!

SC birds:

#2 - The King

Kansas - My first Rio and non eastern

“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: 2016 - Picture Heavy
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »

Various spring photos:

“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
2016 - Picture Heavy
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:26 PM »
Great pics.  Where was the shed from, looks like the base is thick.  KS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
2016 - Picture Heavy
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 07:10:18 AM »
Great pics.  Where was the shed from, looks like the base is thick.  KS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah in Kansas. It was a pretty good shed. Another was found by our group that was a good one as well. The guy that set up the property to hunt on had some massive sheds! Was pretty cool to see.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 07:14:02 PM »
Now the rest of the year begins.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
2016 - Picture Heavy
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 07:35:41 PM »
Yes unfortunately the wait has begun.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 10:09:05 AM »
Yes.  My wait began 3 weeks ago, my oldest broke his right hand so I have not been able to take him out anymore since youth day.  We have a spring squirrel season that opens in June, may do that some and focus on fishing more.  Gotta get out trail cams soon to see whats in store for this fall, gonna set up some mineral sites thru the summer.  Gotta bunch of turkey wings so I'll piece together some more wingbones.  May put some up for sale, we'll see.   

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 11:18:39 PM »
Great set of pics. Liked the one with the snake. Had one in VA hit high on my snake boots couple of years ago. Always good to see reminders that they are out there. Going to Kansas Spring 2017 and will have to remember to keep my eyes open.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.