Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I messed up

Started by Shoot2thrill25, May 01, 2016, 09:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoot2thrill25

Well long story short I screwed up and shot a jake. It happened so fast. He snuck in so quiet behind me, busted me and flew past me to the field. Well when he flew by about 6ft away I saw a beard hanging. He landed at the edge of the field and was trotting away. The grass is high so all I could see was the neck up. I made a split decision thinking that since I could See a beard hanging as he flew by it had to be a tom. So I shot him and he dropped. Ran out to him all pumped and then realized he was just a big bearded jake. It as still fun and an awesome morning to be out. He will eat good too. Haha and I needed a jake fan for my strutter deke. This is my first year In the contest. Let me know what I need to do to enter my score. He weighed 17lbs, had a 5.5 in beard and 1/2 nubs (not big enough to be Spurs) Here's some pics. Sorry for letting the team down with a dink! That is the first jake I have ever shot.

My boy turns 4 in July. He's getting the to the age where he's interested. He loved it and was super excited. It could have bee a 30lb triple beard and I wouldn't have been any more excited after seeing his reaction. It was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ctburdchasr

No worries it's all fun, I shot a jake Saturday and my daughter shot a jake, I still have 5 more tags I can fill before May 28th. So it's all good . I'll get the core posted once I do the calculating

eddie234