Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Almost there

Started by Shoot2thrill25, April 12, 2016, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoot2thrill25

So I've worked about 57 days in a row now and should be done with that and back normal next week. We're two weeks away from our season starting and now that I'm back to normal I can get back to all the prep work I started before turnaround. I can't wait till season, be nice to call to a bird instead of my steering wheel! Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Good luck to you. We open in NY on May 1st and I cant hardly wait. I have an addiction :-)

Shoot2thrill25

I'm So close I can taste it. Season opens tomorrow, I am off 7 days starting Friday. Can't freakin wait!

Ctburdchasr

Good luck get after it man..... Our season opened Wednesday I called in a very respectable bird and took a video of him..... I didn't shoot because there was a monster off behind him not ready to commit. With my bow I would've taken him, however my boo stick might ruin he chance at the full strut mount I want. This afternoon I called a different two year old tom probably a 8 inch beard but he didn't present a shot until after 12 noon and here in Connecticut you can only hunt until noon. I'm hoping to tag on Saturday morning, it's my first real day to hunt. So hopefully be posting pics in the afternoon.

Shoot2thrill25

Friday had three gobbling like crZy but never laid eyes on em. This morning I sat in the rain for about 3 hrs. I heard two gobbles and saw 4 hens. One of em had a beard. They hung around for an hour or so. Could have shot her but we only get one tag and decided to pass.

Shoot2thrill25

Weather looks good for the morning.