OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tough Group this Year  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Birdman

Tough Group this Year
« on: May 05, 2016, 05:11:43 PM »
We'll I have been giving it my best so far this year? Season opened on the 25th of April and I have been out 5 times so far with 2 full day hunts. I have tomorrow off and will be out again as long as possible. I have worked a few birds and heard lots more but they are so henned up in my area they won"t come in. I have worked a few of the hens but as soon as you get cranky with them they turn and run and the toms follow. Anyways still got until the end of May to get a gobbler. Will keep you all updated.  Good luck to all!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:32:53 PM by Birdman »

Offline Ctburdchasr

Re: Tough Group this Year
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:19:36 PM »
Mine are also I worked a giant triple beard for 3 and a half hours on Saturday and he bounced around his group of hens the whole morning. We cannot hunt here after 12 noon so I had to call it quits at 1145. Maybe this weekend I'll get him.

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
Tough Group this Year
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:22:13 PM »
Keep at it. Late season is usually best for me. I've only been able to call one in so far, he stayed just out of range. Ive got this weekend and the flowing sat.