Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tagged out

Started by Deputy 14, April 30, 2016, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Not an upgrade but a good mountain bird to end the season. Hope to see everyone else fill their tags. Hopefully can call a few birds in for others before the season is out, I still need to hear gobbles.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Congrats on a great season  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

cramerhunts

Beautiful. Congratulations!

TURKEYWHACKER

Good looking bird and beautiful country, congrats on tagging out. I hear ya on the need for more gobbles, spent 4 weekends doing the same thing.

WildSpur

Good deal!  Looks like you are out of you slump!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

Good job Deputy 14  :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on tagging out brother!! :icon_thumright:

Deputy 14

Hayudog

Those Easterns can sure be tight lipped.
The only reason those two Merriams died is because they wouldn't shut up.  Even an old deaf fireman can hear a bird that gobbles every five minutes. I can even get close to those guys on the ground. I counted the one sitting on a roost behind me on the second day... Over a hundred in the thirty plus minutes before he flew down. Saw him later, a jake.

Deputy 14

They've been tight-lipped this year for sure up to the point I found this bird. I had hunted all morning, came home and took a nap, walked out to get the mail and heard him gobbling on the mountain in front of my house.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Hayudog on May 06, 2016, 11:01:03 AM
Those Easterns can sure be tight lipped.
The only reason those two Merriams died is because they wouldn't shut up.  Even an old deaf fireman can hear a bird that gobbles every five minutes. I can even get close to those guys on the ground.
That's why I loved the Merriams, and even Rios that I've hunted. They love to hear themselves gobble!! :gobble: :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Deputy 14 on May 08, 2016, 01:43:15 PMI had hunted all morning, came home and took a nap, walked out to get the mail and heard him gobbling on the mountain in front of my house.
Well, that's awfully convenient!!! ;D