OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: KS or NE  (Read 2516 times)

Offline duxrus

KS or NE
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:58:34 PM »
Any general reports ? We are headed over soon for a week of hunting and just wondering how the birds are acting ?

Thx

Offline jims

Re: KS or NE
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
It's been a fairly early spring where I hunted a week ago in Nebraska.  The big flocks broke up early and are pretty much dispersed all over the place.  I saw a lot o single hens so they are likely nesting.  Nebraska has had a lot of rain the past 3 weeks.  It's been WINDY as usual...15 to 20 mph is normal.

Offline duxrus

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:06:25 AM »
Thx

Hoping the birds are feeling talkative and lonely when we get there. Birds here (TN) are just starting to nest so gobbling is picking up

Offline duxrus

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:03:20 PM »
Just got back from both states so here is my report.... NE was good to us but the birds were only gobbling on roost and getting quiet once they planted their feet. KS was also a worth while trip and birds were a lot more vocal way up into the day. Called in a flock about 10 oclock saturday with them gobbling all the way.

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:08:44 PM »
Thanks for the update duxrus. I'll be headed to N central Kansas Sunday or Monday morning. Season has been a bust so far. Looking to turn the tide

Offline duxrus

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 09:50:20 PM »
Some birds gobbled on roost but others didnt get rolling til mid morning. We saw toms with hens but others alone straight off the limb. The last bird we called in gobbled more than any bird I have ever heard so the time is still right .