OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wincheester SXP Lemon

Started by dg7mm08, April 28, 2016, 05:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on May 14, 2016, 08:19:21 PM
:z-twocents:

Sad turn around time. I won't purchase a new Winchester anytime soon.

I had a problem with my stock on my SX3 and it took 4 months for them to send the replacement part. 4 months. While they keep turning out guns by the hundreds using the same part that is "back ordered"
That is definitely too long. While they continue to crank them out  . That would really have ticked me off.

357MAGNOLE

I was furious. The day I got the part in I sold the gun. Would not own a gun I 1) had a problem with less than 100 rounds in 2) can't get support for
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

dg7mm08

Update: I got my gun back from Winchester on 5/19 and they fixed the initial problem but now the action will not stay closed with the barrel installed . It will open without the trigger being pulled by just moving the slide and not pushing the disconnector button . Oh and I can hit the side of the receiver with my hand and the action falls open. After a call to Winchester it's off to be serviced and I still haven't fired it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frylock

Quote from: dg7mm08 on May 29, 2016, 09:26:46 AM
Update: I got my gun back from Winchester on 5/19 and they fixed the initial problem but now the action will not stay closed with the barrel installed . It will open without the trigger being pulled by just moving the slide and not pushing the disconnector button . Oh and I can hit the side of the receiver with my hand and the action falls open. After a call to Winchester it's off to be serviced and I still haven't fired it yet.

I don't understand why they would send you back a gun that still doesn't work correctly, the gunsmith who worked on it must have recognized it still wasn't fixed correctly, but yet they sent it back to you?!  I'd be pissed.

Greg Massey

I would be asking for a new gun, that's for sure or my money back, i would never feel safe with that gun anyway if it was fixed.

BowBendr

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 29, 2016, 11:07:09 AM
I would be asking for a new gun, that's for sure or my money back, i would never feel safe with that gun anyway if it was fixed.
Agree completely, I would never feel safe using that gun. I would demand a new replacement.

Gumby

dg7mm08

Still waiting on Winchester

BowBendr

You gotta be kidding...I would not stop until they sent me a new gun.

Gods of Thunder
2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Greg Massey

agree, new gun or money back...not taking the gun back.. for safety reasons..

dg7mm08

I just called Winchester today and they're going to be sending me a new gun!

Dr Juice

Awesome. Good luck with it.

All The Way!

Greg Massey

wvmntnhick

I had considered one of these guns not long ago. Started looking at reviews. Seems most are obviously for the 12ga but no matter. After seeing what I'd seen the decision was to simply wait it out and just get another gun. It's a shame as I love the Winchester shotguns of old. These however are not the same guns. These guns are made in Turkey. Kind of hard to call them Winchester. They moved production to Japan and managed to pump out some amazing stuff. This line of guns however are made in another country yet and suffice it to say, QC is lacking. I think I'll be holding off.

dg7mm08

Quote from: wvmntnhick on July 05, 2016, 09:45:31 AM
I had considered one of these guns not long ago. Started looking at reviews. Seems most are obviously for the 12ga but no matter. After seeing what I'd seen the decision was to simply wait it out and just get another gun. It's a shame as I love the Winchester shotguns of old. These however are not the same guns. These guns are made in Turkey. Kind of hard to call them Winchester. They moved production to Japan and managed to pump out some amazing stuff. This line of guns however are made in another country yet and suffice it to say, QC is lacking. I think I'll be holding off.
Based on what on my personal experience I don't blame you. UPS and Winchester service Department have had possession of the gun . I got it the last week of April and have not fired it .