turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Camo

Started by ul ess, April 03, 2011, 07:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ul ess

There used to be a really good tutorial on how to paint camo on a turkey gun  before the site transitioned. Does anybody have a link or a recommend site?

ul ess

I was looking more for the DIY Krylon job...

snapper1982

if you want to spend the money you can get a diy dip kit for about 100....

http://www.camodipkit.com/index.htm

cannonball

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 03, 2011, 09:07:23 PM
if you want to spend the money you can get a diy dip kit for about 100....

http://www.camodipkit.com/index.htm

That's really cool. I didn't know they even made kits like that.

snapper1982

yeah i found it a while back by accident..lol but it is cool.

archery1

ANYBODY EVER TRY THIS CAMO DIP KIT? DOES IT HOLD UP?
Take a kid hunting

snapper1982

i have 2 buddys that used it and so far they like it and have no complaints but i personally have not used it yet but i am sure i will find something to use it on

ul ess

Bad Grizzly

Thats the one i was looking for. Thanks

new2turkey

Tagged... I may try this.... I'm just worried about screwing up.

whiskey

This is a very nice paint job. I am way to impatient to finish that correctly. I do take my gun apart and use denatured alcohol to clean the oil away. Much like the guy in the link, I hang the parts to paint them. I warm my metal parts in the oven to about 100 degrees. Just hot to the touch. It seems to make the paint stick better. I do all olive drab first and then do "dots" and "spots" of odd shapes like woodland camo with the tan, and dark brown. I use just a little black here and there at the end. Then clear coat with a satin finish.  No paint brushes, no real skill other than not getting too close and making the paint run.

trkehunr93

This is a great thread, might have to do this to my old 500 once the season is over.

new2turkey

Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 05, 2011, 12:36:14 PM
This is a great thread, might have to do this to my old 500 once the season is over.

Gonna do it with my NEW 500 once the season is over  :icon_thumright:

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on April 04, 2011, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: ul ess on April 04, 2011, 10:12:15 AM
Bad Grizzly

Thats the one i was looking for. Thanks

Glad I could help..... I am going to do one of my turkey guns after season....... the original camo is pealing off.... but it will do for now.

That guy did an awesome job!  Make sure you post yours. I'm wanting to do one as well . :anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

BigPeck215

gonna paint one of my cheepo nef single shots first and if it comes out good the 870 is gonna get a new outfit