OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: One door closes and another opens  (Read 2701 times)

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
One door closes and another opens
« on: April 26, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »
This is that time of year again.  The south seasons start to close and the north seasons open.  And the inbetweeners are still running as well.  I believe that all of us can be in the woods in our home state at the same time on Saturday???  So whaddya say we all put one down on the same day!!!  Or at least we all can be in the woods at the same time.  Peer pressure is can be bear sometimes.  No sleeping in Saturday. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
Re: One door closes and another opens
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »
Gotta work on Saturday (last day in Bama) but I will be out there trying for an upgrade Wednesday and Friday. Can't complain though, I've had a solid year with 5 birds down in 3 states this year. Good luck to all, especially those whose seasons are just kicking off.

Offline jakesdad

• Longbeard
  • NE Missouri
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »
Tagged out in MO or I'd be there. Boys each have a tag left but calling for thunderstorms this weekend. If it's not bad weather wise we'll be out!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:31:50 PM »
Saturday morning will be the end of my season here in Mississippi. It started out slow and quietly and picked up pace around the first of April. After shifting hunting areas, I was on mean, stubborn birds every day I went. I have one on a popular WMA that I have fooled with all season and hope that my plans on getting ahead of him Saturday will play out successfully.

Be safe, have fun, kill upgrade gobblers.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline gophert

• Longbeard
  • Middle TN
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 12:10:58 PM »
On a softball field on Saturday and pretty much every weekend after that from now until December, but headed out with Hooter on Friday to see if I can find an upgrade.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »
 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.