turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

questions about 20 gauge shells

Started by rock54, June 03, 2016, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock54

hey guys just left a differant walmart then i usually go to, they got Federal 20 gauge 3in 1 1/4 5 shot and

winchester double X, 20 gauge 3in 1 1/4 5 shot on sale for  5.00 a box of 10, both boxes say turkey loads

has anybody out there used them with any decent pattern to 30-35yds, seems like too good a deal to pass

up or should i just leave them alone, any help would be appreciated, russ

Swampchickin234

By em. Shoot em. If nothin else, squirrel hunt/ crow hunt/ save em for sighting in guns. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cluck

Good buy, but I would pattern if I used for turkey. In the walmart near me they sold two different federal 20 gauge loads. If it says mag-shok and has the flite control wad 1 5/16 ounce shot, they could be good out to 35 yards for turkey. I never got the winchester shell to pattern very good. They want $15.00 for a box of remington small game load. A box of 25 shells. That's  a good buy for federal or winchester. 30 shells for $15.00.    Cluck

agent eight seven O

Yes on the Federal strut shock. Best lead load I have found with my 870 21" barrel with Jellyhead Max choke.

daddyduke

Federal Strut-shok patterned best for my 870 21" barrel with undertaker non ported choke.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.