OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longbeards definitely work

Started by m7carroll, April 25, 2016, 12:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m7carroll

I almost had the perfect hunt... I had this bird come out at 25 yards. The problem was the hen that was 15 feet behind me! She started to putt but my buddy gave a quick, soft yelp and she just started to walk away. He knew something wasn't right but kept strutting as he moved away. I put the bead on his head and dropped him at 40. It ended great but almost ended in disaster thanks to a hen ha-ha. 11 1/2" beard and sharp 1 1/4" spurs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

m7carroll

Quote from: m7carroll on April 25, 2016, 12:04:05 PM
I almost had the perfect hunt... I had this bird come out at 25 yards. The problem was the hen that was 15 feet behind me! She started to putt but my buddy gave a quick, soft yelp and she just started to walk away. He knew something wasn't right but kept strutting as he moved away. I put the bead on his head and dropped him at 40. It ended great but almost ended in disaster thanks to a hen ha-ha. 11 1/2" beard and sharp 1 1/4" spurs. 3" #5 from a 870. 

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Izzyjoe

Wow, that's a nice gobbler, great job!

Dr Juice

BDeal

Congrats! What shell (length, shot size and ounces of shot)?

Thanks

Cleveland48

Great bird! Those hens always seem to try to screw you. Glad it all worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

possum#1

m7carroll

Quote from: BDeal on April 28, 2016, 09:35:59 AM
Congrats! What shell (length, shot size and ounces of shot)?

Thanks
3" 1 3/4 #5's.

Disney

Nicely done. Congrats. Thats a LONG beard for sure.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

e1978p

Nice bird!

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk