OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Times getting short  (Read 2195 times)

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
Times getting short
« on: April 24, 2016, 11:33:37 PM »
Well I didn't make it out this week due to a honey do a mile long when I got back in town. I'll be out as much as I can until the 5th when our season ends. Anyone have any tips for the late season birds?

New pup is home now. She knows where her spot is in the truck for sure.

Semper Fidelis

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Times getting short
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:25:17 AM »
Just keep after them. Usually here in NY and PA, when the season is coming closer to the end, a lot of the hens have begun to start nesting. If this is the case in your area, I would say just keep running and gunning on the ridges until you get one to respond. Not real detailed advice I know but persistence will pay off. Good luck brother

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
Times getting short
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
I'm headed out on Friday. Forecast is calling for 91 degrees and sunny. Does the heat affect them at all? If so, what should I try to change up due to the heat?

Semper Fidelis

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
Times getting short
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »
Mid-day they will loaf in the shade

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Times getting short
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 12:03:35 AM »
Find the side of the ridge with the shade and don't expect a lot of gobbling. Use your ears to listen for rustling leaves and be ready for them to come in silent. Keep your movements to a minimum. Good luck.