OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Halloran Metal Mouth  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Txag12

Halloran Metal Mouth
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »
For those of you with a halloran metal mouth...have a crystal mistress and twisted sister, love both, but they're extremely similar in sound. How does the metal mouth compare to them, is their enough difference to warrant the purchase?

Thanks

Steven

Offline mote1977

Halloran Metal Mouth
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
I have all 3. The metal mouth has a completely different sound than the other 2. I love all 3 calls.

Offline 2nd 100

Re: Halloran Metal Mouth
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:55:52 AM »
Metal mouth is Completely different than anything else he makes. I really like mine .
And i have run alot of his calls. Hunderds in fact.

Offline Stump.270

• The Boss Gobbler
Halloran Metal Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 01:47:08 AM »
The metal mouth sounds completely different than any other one of David's glass calls it takes some playing with it and really taking a textured stone and a 120 grit sand paper but once u figure that call out it rolls over easier than and call I have I have been hunting with it this season and have really liked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Team Bucky

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:34:10 PM »
The difference is in the change in pitch from the front end high note of the yelp to the low note at the end or bark of the yelp. The Metal Mouth is designed to have more of a drop in pitch. It actually clunks or as David says "thunks" at the end like a real turkey. Initially I favored the Mistress and the Twisted Sister over the Metal Mouth until I heard it played in the woods 100 yards away. Then the MM was awesome, sounded like a live bird.... fantastic. :turkey2: :turkey2:

Offline Wvgobbler

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »
Get the Metal Mouth. You won't be disappointed it's fantastic call.

Offline Jgarrett

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Garrett Farms' Hunting Club
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »
Quickly becoming one of my favorites....his best are his double glass, metal mouth , and twisted sister in my opinion
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Offline vt35mag

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »
Quickly becoming one of my favorites....his best are his double glass, metal mouth , and twisted sister in my opinion

Totally agree

My metal mouth was waiting for me in the mail box on Monday.  Awesome pot call, back end of the yelp really sets it apart.

Offline greentag

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 06:22:09 PM »
the metal mouth is kinda finicky in finding out what works best for texturing it,it is one of those calls that i think the rougher the playing surface is the better,when you find how it likes to be conditioned it is an awesome sounding and running call.it doesnt sound like any of the other calls that he makes and once you get the playing surface just right it is awesome.