OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wish me some turkey God luck  (Read 2798 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
Wish me some turkey God luck
« on: April 22, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »
Been watching one tom for a full 5 days in a row. He's in the same 100x100 foot area each and every day. He's there early in the day and he is there late in the day. Wish me luck!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Big perm2

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23:50 PM »
You goin in before daylight?

Talkem into given up!!!

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 10:49:10 PM »
You got his number

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Wish me some turkey God luck
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 04:54:21 AM »
You goin in before daylight?

Talkem into given up!!!
Yep. Headed in around 5:30
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hunter1979

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 05:09:46 AM »
Good luck!  Go get him!

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 08:09:45 AM »
He came to me on a rope but from the opposite side I set up. He seen my silhouette and went the other way. I'm hoping he comes back, he was spooked but I don't think he knew what was going on. Fingers crossed

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 01:16:35 PM »
Bird never came back. About 9:30-10 I got tired of sitting and got up to move to another spot and there was 3 toms to my left about 100 yards and they booked it.

I swear this is the most frustrating sport ever.

Offline Flounder

• Field Rep for Collard Patch Camo
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
Was he going to that spot because hens were there? If he was go back because that is where they are feeding before they go their nest. If not someone may have taken him out.
Follow the hens. This late you may want to go where he was before season opened and be prepared to wait him out.
Good luck

Offline Flounder

• Field Rep for Collard Patch Camo
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 10:36:49 PM »
If you have to wait him out. Make some sort of makeshift blind to cover your movement and background, if you  don't have a blind.
I will hunt from a  blind here out and set as long as I can stand, calling every half hour.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 07:02:59 PM »
Nah no one has gotten him yet. Him and 2 others are in the area. Can't hunt but on Saturday at this spot and I'm the only one that's been in here.

I came back to the same spot today with a blind and it was completely dead. Big temp drop and it's been sprinkling off and on the last 24 hours. Made for a bad day for hunting, heard one gobble around 7:30 from waaaaaaaaaay off and nothing more.