OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rem 887 Nitromag  (Read 2916 times)

Offline cjmay13

Rem 887 Nitromag
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:43:40 PM »
I've had it sitting around not being used for a couple of years and figured I could get it set up as a back-up to my 870.  I have shot a couple RDS through it just to test it and also for my son.  Changed my mind after shooting it for my son because he'll shoot it once and never want to touch it again.  Thing kicks like a rented mule.  Any help with a recommended turkey choke and shells would be much appreciated.  It didn't shoot good with my HS strut undertaker turkey choke and federal Mag turkey load 3/12in 2oz 5shot or federal premium Mag shok 3in 1/34oz 6 shot. Thank!

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
Re: Rem 887 Nitromag
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 11:02:46 PM »
don't really know why, but I have never heard of a 887 making a very good turkey gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:32:48 AM »
I got one to duck hunt with this year and like it.  Did not notice recoil shooting duck loads anyway.  Neat concept in a gun, I guess they couldn't get all the hiccups worked out and discontinued the model.

Offline Gtown78

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:26:55 PM »
I have a friend that has one and he swears by the Magblends. I don't know what choke he uses. I have had really good luck with the Trulock and Carlsons choke between .660 and .680 with Winchester longbeards. I have shot this combo through 3 different guns.

Offline cjmay13

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 05:06:18 PM »
Thanks guys!