turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

O ring buffer? Urgent

Started by darron, April 21, 2016, 08:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

So I was cleaning up my new to me sp 10 and was looking at some pics on line. Am I missing an o ring buffer? Please see pics below. Some pics on line show a red o ring and I don't have this??? I test fired it running 9 rounds through it and it did fine but want to make sure I'm not hurting anything.

M R Ducks

There is a buffer ring that goes INSIDE the slide extension assembly, which is what is pictured.  If the buffer is in place, the assembly will leave about a 1/8 gap between itself and the receiver when pushed all the way towards the receiver.  It will otherwise contact - and make contact upon recoil - with the receiver.  DO NOT shoot the gun if this is the case.  You WILL bend the extension assembly and then good luck finding another.  Had that happen to me and it took me a year to get a replacement part.  If the assembly does not freely slide back and forth with the the prongs sliding without resistance in and out of their corresponding holes in the receiver, the damage is done.  On mine the prongs ended up bent upwards just a tad creating a force fit.  The buffers are cheap and still readily available on eBay.

darron

does it seat all the way at the top on the inside? if so I found it and yes it is in place. I bought a couple more off ebay just to have them on hand.

I also bought some bolt buffers, but have no idea how to check those.