Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Kentucky hunt...

Started by WNY Bowhunter, April 21, 2016, 05:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

Well, I'll start off by saying I was the only person out of six that didn't kill a bird...but, I did call a few gobblers into gun range and had a blast doing it. The weather was a lot better than last year and the amount of gobbling was unbelievable but the birds were henned up and the terrain made it tough to get them in. There were a ton of jakes too so next year should be awesome!!!

Called this one in for my dad on day 2...

The following day I called in a longbeard for my wife and she ended up missing due to a poor setup on my part. The following day I arrived back in camp around 11:00 all beat down and tired after a four hour stand off with a gobbler (should have killed him) to find seven jakes in the field out back. We quickly got around on them and coaxed them into range and she popped one after he seperated from the others. Not a longbeard, but a fun hunt none the less.

My buddies birds...

Few sheds we picked up...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Dr Juice

dirt road ninja

trkehunr93

Looks like a good time had by all.  Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Sounds like fun! Wish you busted one, glad I not the one out of our group not to kill, 3 of 4 of us did.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: davisd9 on April 26, 2016, 09:40:09 AM
Sounds like fun! Wish you busted one, glad I not the one out of our group not to kill, 3 of 4 of us did.

Sent from the Strut Zone

I'll be thinking about the four hour battle and the one I almost killed for the rest of the season...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

mtns2hunt

I'll be thinking about the four hour battle and the one I almost killed for the rest of the season...
[/quote]

It's memories of the one that got away you never forget and haunts you. At the same time if it was not for the one that got away hunting would be boring!~
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.