turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-459 Sumtoy .665 LB 3" 5's

Started by Philippe, March 24, 2016, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Ok folks here is a shot after the new SA-459 was dialed in. It was 55 degrees and very very gusty out so I expect this pattern to be a bit more dense in 65-70 degree weather once season hits. This was shot with a Sumtoy .665 and the Longbeard 3 inch 1 7/8oz 5's at a lasered and marked 40 yards at my local conservation depts patterning boards. The POA/POI is perfect, I aimed this shot right at the waddles and touched it off, looks like the core is right smack in the middle of'em.

TrkyHntr

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

TauntoHawk

Oh no, looks like he's gonna be missing some beard strands!!! lol
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

learn2hide

shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Philippe

I'm curious to see how the 3 inch 1 7/8oz 4's would do....

Seminoleturkey

That's a super dead turkey .he is lucky to have a beak left

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

batsonbe

drum817

I've been using a SumToy .650 with LB 6's in my PA-459,  But I have a SumToy .665 on the way to specifically shoot LB 5's!!!  This is the exact kind of pattern i'm looking for!  Thank's for the post!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

BandedSpur

Awesome pattern for lead 5s. Never thought I'd see the day.

Philippe

Here it is with the same choke and LB 3 inch 1 7/8oz 6's. Another fellow OG member now has the choke that shot these patterns.

HFultzjr

Quote from: Philippe on February 09, 2017, 02:09:38 AM
Here it is with the same choke and LB 3 inch 1 7/8oz 6's. Another fellow OG member now has the choke that shot these patterns.

Holy crap!
Bang.....fall down....dead!
I can't even see that bird flopping!

Ahollon3

Do you mind telling me what choke this was?

Gutsdozer

I had a Sumtoy .650 in my SA-459 turkey model and my patterns were not even close to this. Best I could do is average 140'ish in a 10" circle and even that has some pretty bad gaps. Shooting 3" #6 longbeards. Luckily William is ok with me sending it back after I talked to him. He is supposed to be sending me another to try. He has not told me the diameter yet.