turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday 04/03/11 Devotional..." Thou sayest It"

Started by pappy, April 03, 2011, 10:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

In Matthew and Mark we see these words, as a response to Pilate's question..." and Jesus stood before the governor; and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him.."Thou sayest."
Being out of pocket for the last couple weeks and especially last Sunday taking a huge regimentt of pain killers, I found myself asking this very question, even though I know that Jesus is Lord and Savior, is He the King in my life? And why would I find myself asking this after all these years of service?
I believe this, that if you are under a King's rule you live by His laws and answer to those laws, if you fail to uphold those laws, and follow your own line of reasoning, then you are no longer upholding His Rule in your life. Evemtually you find yourself squandering away, your time, your witness and your service.....NOW UNDERSTAND... I am not "squandering away" but in my state, during this time, it hit me, would I allow this meager pain and suffering to stop me from being a true servant? Would I just sit back and let those who are "well" take over my witness and do my job, just because I am currently out of pocket? Then these wonderful words, that stalled even the Governor's thought, spoke to me...Thou Sayest...Jesus is the King of Kings in my life, He is Lord of Lords...and yes I know Him to be faithful, and true to His word, so with this in myheart I want to offer everyone a meager suggestion, if you feel like you are not accomplishing anything for Jesus due to some illness or some sort of suffering, just remember He is King, and He knows what you are going through, and He will be patient and forgiving, and accept you back into His service, if you are willing to put your self aside and put Him first in your life. I did, this last Weds., and it has lifted me tremendously in spirit and in body.
DO NOT LET YOUR CONDITION RULE YOU, LET THE KING OF KINGS RULE YOUR LIFE...PAPPY
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmims

BOFF

Amen Jack!!

Satan wants to cast doubts in our minds. However, our Lord and Savior Jesus can use us, particularly those who seem to be weak and mild in mighty ways, IF, we allow him to do so.

Keep the Faith, and your eyes focused on Jesus.  :bible:

God Bless,
David B. 

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer