Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Less than 8 hours...

Started by WNY Bowhunter, April 14, 2016, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

We are departing NY around 8:00 this evening to make the 687 mile trek to Hardinsburg, KY.  It was quite a task getting all of the gear ready to go as my wife and I moved into our house this past fall and I had to remember where everything was. It sure takes alot of gear to kill a few birds!!! We should pull into camp around 8-9:00 tomorrow morning just in time to get out and do some last minute scouting. The weather is supposed to be nice and I'm hoping the gobblers will be lonely!!!  :z-guntootsmiley:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

turkeykiller22

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

dirt road ninja

Best of luck to ya'll. I have a feeling a few will be riding back to NY with you. Drive safe.

Dr Juice

Good luck to ya and safe travels

davisd9

Heads are going to roll! May as well put your name down and just wait for the score! Be safe traveling.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

I hope so. Thanks for the confidence... :anim_25:

jordanz7935

Good luck and safe travels. Nothing like heading south for an early start!

WV Ridge Reaper

Get em!! Weather looks to be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Anybody know when the NY Killer is supposed to be back from KY?  Waiting to see how they did.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

On our way home now. Unfortunately, no points on the board for me. In fact, I was the only one out of the six of us that didn't kill one. I did call a few to the gun that died though. Even though the amount of gobbling was incredible, the birds were very uncooperative. I will update with pics when I get home.

davisd9

Hate to hear you did not get one, but glad you still got to enjoy the hunts and got to see some floppage. May 1st is just around the corner!

Sent from the Strut Zone

dirt road ninja

The ride home is so much shorter when you kill one. Been there and can say 5 out of 6 is great, but it does suck to be the 6th guy.

trkehunr93

Hate to hear it, NY will be kinder to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk