Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Kansas eastern down.

Started by jarbo03, April 14, 2016, 10:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarbo03

After yesterday's circus, this morning went quite well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Happy

Congrats. That one should score well!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dr Juice

That's a bruiser. Congrats.

jarbo03

Yesterday was the opener, and I never got to hunt, Murphys Law was in full effect.  Landowners relative showed up yesterday morning causing a ruckus about me having permission.   I left being happy that I could still waterfowl hunt the place.  Looked at a few public places, but were vehicles parked everywhere.   

Took the fiance out to a place I had saved in the afternoon,  pulled up and a truck was there also.  Called the landowner and he said a guy was coyote hunting his land, the previous day he had yotes eating a calf.  Went to a property I had never hunted, but always seen signs.  Walked a lot and finally heard a bird, was getting late when we finally caught up to it.  It was headed back to roost and nothing we could do with him.

This morning went to a place I had only deer hunted, was recently burned or cut, hoped birds would like the new green grass.  They were in the field when I got there at 8:15.  I snuck to the edge of a treeline, a few light yelps and they were moving my way.  10 minutes later I was waiting for the hens to pass and clear out with 2 big gobbles strutting.   The rest is history.

24.94#, 10 5/8 beard, 1 1/8 spurs: 68.69.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cramerhunts

Way to stick with it and adapt to the changing situations. Congratulations!

kevin2

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

BigGobbler

That's a good one. Well done on hanging in there until the table turned your way.

Roughneck

Charley B

Your da man Jarbo03!!!! This one looks great!

Bigsho69

Nice bird!  Way to go.