turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Getting fired up in Missouri

Started by Mowoodsman, March 23, 2016, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mowoodsman

It's starting!  I've been seeing tons of toms in the bottoms out by me.  My wife saw 2 longbeards come through our property across the gravel lane today.  Cant's wait!  Less than a month away.  Any one else here in Missouri seeing lots of birds yet?
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

turkey harvester

Been seeing a few here in the south. They've already started the gobble their heads off on the roost and shut up at fly down stuff.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

monsterman

what have the birds been doing as of late?headed up to mark twain in a couple of weeks

turkey harvester

Gobbling is getting better and better. Folks said they gobbled real good Sunday morning. Starting to gobble during the day too. Have lots of hens but still working good I'm told.

Fullfan

Leaving for two weeks on Sunday, My contacts in the SE part of the state hunted both days for the youth hunt. Said birds gobbled on the roost, but shut down on the ground. Sounds like they are too busy strutting to be gobbling..
Don't gobble at me...

turkey harvester

Defiantly wasn't that great of weather for the youth hunt. I went with a father and son on Saturday and we couldn't get one to make a peep. Didn't go Sunday but they said it was better gobbling. My buddy heard one gobble from daylight till 11 am. Were on Ripley, Oregon line.