OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Inspecting the SP 10  (Read 1956 times)

Offline darron

Inspecting the SP 10
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »
Going to inspect the SP  10 I had shipped this week. Anything I should look for when inspecting it? It's rated at 95-98%

Offline M R Ducks

Re: Inspecting the SP 10
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 08:25:52 AM »
Check the bolt buffer and slide extension assembly buffer.  The latter are pretty easy to find and reasonably priced.  The former not so much.  Look up a guy who goes by WagonWheel on duckhuntingchat and have him make you a few.  You need to disassemble (which is kind of a pain) to see the bolt buffer. 

Do not shoot the gun if either of these is missing or cracked.  If the slide extension buffer is missing, make sure the slide extension slides EASILY on and off the gun, and that the two prongs slide effortlessly into the matching holes on the receiver.  The part bends easily when the buffer is missing (I had that happen) and that is the failure mode.  In fact, check it anyway.  The slide extension assembly is getting hard to find.

Other than that the gun is tank.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
Inspecting the SP 10
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »
There is a felt washer under  the forearm cap that tends to rot away if the gun is very old...just speaking from experience with mine.  Cheap fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk