Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Game On Tomorrow!!!

Started by Mike Honcho, April 12, 2016, 06:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

Well the big day for me is tomorrow...Wed April 13 in Kansas.   Scouted last night and had turkeys at three places I hunt...where I hunt we have deep creeks and if they fly down on the wrong side (land I can't hunt) I am toast for the day at that spot.

Wish me look in scouting and picking my spot for morning!

Dave

Dr Juice

Good luck and knock 'em dead.

Mike Honcho

Well Plan A didn't work so good!  Set up in a cornstalk field about 130 yards north of where birds were roosted in a corner of the field.   

Tried out my new Avian X Strutter with a real fan and a hen decoy. 

4 toms and 10 hens flew down...a coyote was working the field waiting for them to fly down...that made them nervous.

Never could get the birds to come north to me which is their normal travel route...the coyote had entered the field again after flydown...I'm blaming him not my calling LOL.

At 8:30AM they headed back into the woods onto a neighbors ground...game over had to get to work.   Will try again next week here...meanwhile off to SC Kansas to hunt Rios this weekend.

Mike Honcho

Well my Rio trip didn't work out the greatest...went to my family farm in SC Kansas, got in o dark thirty Friday morning and set up.  Long story short called in several jakes and a small 2 year old Tom...let the grandson shoot the tom, that was the good part.

Bad part my other place doesn't seem to be holding and turkeys this year and the third place I hunt there is torn up by a utility line project coming thru the farm and with all the machinery and dirtwork the birds are gone.

SO...back home to eastern Kansas and will try and bag a big ole Eastern for our tally...will be sneaking in an early morning hunt this week and possibly some late afternoon ones after work.
Honcho