OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Something about this makes me feel like I won  (Read 2117 times)

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Something about this makes me feel like I won
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:53:14 PM »
Got home from work to have this placed with my name on it from my youngest boy. nothing better than getting kids into the outdoors

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:50:44 PM »
That's what it is all about right there

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Something about this makes me feel like I won
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 05:57:13 AM »
Right on. My 4 year old asked me the other day when I'm going to buy her a bow so she can go "hunchin" with me. She also asks me just about everyday when I'm going to shoot a turkey because she wants to help me cut it up. She's gonna be my hunting buddy for sure.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Re: Something about this makes me feel like I won
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 06:49:42 AM »
Not to get all sentimental or anything but the memories I have of my youth with my father hunting and fishing are irreplaceable.  When i became a man and moved 500 miles away to college, twice, married a wife and had kids I took 8 years off of hunting until my life was stable to return to the sport.  I always had plans to reconnect with my dad and take annual hunting and fishing trips together.  Well, he passed away unexpectedly a few years ago at a young age, and we never got that chance again.  So when my kids show interest in sharing my passions I can't help but flash back and live vicariously through their youth with me as the father this time.  You only get one chance to live life how you want it, and if one thing is for certain there is no catching up on time lost.

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »
Man I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'm the same way with mine. He always made hunting so much fun for me. Living 700 miles away is tough, especially during deer season. This year at thanksgiving we are going back to Ohio and him and I will hunt a few days with bows and then opening day of shotgun season together like old times. I almost lost him last year and now I realize how quick it can all change, so I'll make it a point to go up there as much as I can. I'm going to convince him to come down here next spring for some turkey hunting because he's never hunted them before.

Semper Fidelis