Main Menu

Rustic Barn Wood Turkey Plaques

Started by cornfedkiller, April 11, 2016, 10:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie12

Stoeger M3000

cornfedkiller

Quote from: coyote1 on April 24, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Hot glue leather to back of the plaque, run it through leg bone, cut plastic off a fired shell, punch primer out and hot glue other end of leather inside the brass. Works really well.

If this is what someone is planning on doing in order to hang their spurs and beard, please let me know if/when you order one and I can certainly skip cutting out the slot where the beard normally gets slid into..might look better if you don't need the slot for the beard!

Quote from: coyote1 on April 24, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Cornfed if this idea sways more people to buy a plaque, save one for me please. Only reason i haven't bought one is my season hasn't started yet and i'm a little superstitious.

I completely understand!  All the plaques are made to order, so no worries about having to "save" one for you.  I don't really keep an inventory (and at this point, I haven't been able to), so if you order one, I'll get it made!  Good luck!

WisTurk

They look great.  I may order one for my dad and myself

cornfedkiller

Had a run of plaques get shipped out today.. Thanks to everyone for your patience!

For some reason, I cant get a few of the pictures to upload to photobucket, but here is one that I am pretty proud of, and I think Ron will be very happy with it too!

I'm having some trouble coming up with some decent barn wood right now, but I'm on the hunt, and will start my next run as soon as I find some!!

Because of the variability in shipping rates, I am going to have to start charging a little for shipping.  Some of the plaques cost me almost $10 to ship.  The shipping cost will be worked out on an individual basis at the time of the sale.

Thanks again guys!

cornfedkiller

BABS9

Is New York a possible state for the top?

ncwoodsman

Just finished my Turkey Plaques that cornfedkiller makes and I think they turned out very well.

cornfedkiller

I am done taking orders for now.  I have way too much going on with trying to get food plots ready, an upcoming move to a new house, and a wedding.  Once I get to the new house and settled in, I may start making some again.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone that ordered from me, and I hope you are happy with your plaques.  I will post more pictures of some plaques I just got done with in this last run.

Eddie12

Finally got around to putting mine together...I thought it turned out really nice. Hope you make some more in the near future. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoeger M3000

ncwoodsman

cornfedkiller

r.bmann sent me this picture of his mount on his Texas Plaque.

Sevenyearsandcounting

Quote from: cornfedkiller on May 10, 2016, 02:02:51 PM

What one would look best for my first bird? I need something special. I'm in New York. Doubt that would work as a state.

How about one with some kind of insert or could you burn the stats of the bird into the wood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cornfedkiller

Quote from: Sevenyearsandcounting on May 27, 2016, 09:45:39 AM

What one would look best for my first bird? I need something special. I'm in New York. Doubt that would work as a state.

How about one with some kind of insert or could you burn the stats of the bird into the wood?

All the ones I make are pretty much the same, and I'm actually not making any more for a little while - too much other stuff going on right now.  I dont think New York would work for a state very well at all.  Long Island kinda screws that up!

I may have one plaque left to sell, as I had someone order one several weeks ago and havent been able to get a hold of him since, so it will be for sale soon if I don't hear anything back from him.

Sevenyearsandcounting

Bird was shot on a farm with an old barn just like the wood color. You're a pro. These are all beautiful. If that one goes on sale let me know. Even if it doesn't your designs have given me some ideas. Doubt I'll find one as nice online but maybe the same wood color?

moonshine

Good stuff, cornfedkiller!  I'm definitely hitting you up for one next year!

Also to the guys posting their work, great job everyone!  I like the creativity, which is giving me ideas!
www.facebook.com/moonshineleatherworks
www.instagram.com/moonshineleatherworks