Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

All Lasered 40yd patterns

Apex Ninja with Jebs Headhunter XF .385 Choke

Apex Ninja with Jebs Headhunter XXF .380 Choke

Nitro T4106 9x10 with Jebs Headhunter XXF .380 Choke

Nitro T4106 9x10 with Jebs Headhunter XF .385 Choke

vt35mag

Patterns should improve after I run some JB Bore Cleaner followed up with Bore Brite spun with a drill on a brush wrapped with green scotch brite pad.  The inside of the barrel is far from being shiny.

quackaddict

Quote from: vt35mag on March 21, 2022, 10:07:14 AM
Patterns should improve after I run some JB Bore Cleaner followed up with Bore Brite spun with a drill on a brush wrapped with green scotch brite pad.  The inside of the barrel is far from being shiny.
What size brush are you wrapping in the scotch brite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

vt35mag

Not sure the brush size yet, but I will keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Looks good..post back after you do the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squirrel_hunter

I am using a Indian Creek. 385 and ninja 9.5 TSS loads.  I get about the same pattern.  Its unreal what 410's will do with tss. I have the mossberg 500 410 TSS turkey gun.  And i have the mossberg sa 410ga TSS turkey gun. I would like to try the Indian Creek. 390 out.

vt35mag

No luck with the scotchbrite and brush method. Even wrapping a 22cal brush
is too big.
410 brush wrapped with a patch smeared with the non embedding bore cleaner spun on a drill is putting a good  shine on it. Couple spots need to be worked over a little more, but with few more passes, it will look like a mirror from one end to the other.

Nu410hunter

Did the pattern improve after the deep cleaning?

vt35mag

Temps haven't been warm enough to shoot again. Will post when I do.
I was able to spin 0000 steel wool on a brush smeared with bore brite/Kroil oil down the barrel

vt35mag

Shot again today, I would say no noticeable improvement on paper with the TSS. Also would say that I don't feel that my polishing results were equal to what I did with my 12ga being I couldn't run scotchbrite on a brush down through it.
I wish I did a before and after with the 3in lead Winchester 7.5s at 30yds. I do feel that although they were relatively weak patterns, that it did benefit some from the work I did put into the barrel.

vt35mag

I will be running the Nitro T4106 9x10s with the Jebs Headhunter XF choke.
3 shots yielded pellet counts of 182, 196, and 200 at 40yds.

vt35mag

Ran one through the 410 at lunch. Same Jebs Heahunter XF at 40yds, but this time with a Nitro T4106 straight 9. This is what I will be using in NH to be compliant with their laws.