Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Family photo

Started by snapper1982, April 10, 2016, 07:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

Got the family together for a nice photo today.

Roost 1

Very nice!!!! I hate to have to feed them tho.....

hookedspur

Looks like some good breeding in their background
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Sweet mother of decoys. Do you take a trailer to the woods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Impressive bunch you've got there. Might I ask what the gobbler decoy is by chance?

snapper1982

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 10, 2016, 10:48:15 PM
Impressive bunch you've got there. Might I ask what the gobbler decoy is by chance?

It is a primos b mobile. I cut and glued every feather on to it. Except the fan it is just a dried out fan that is removeable.

wvmntnhick

Heck, I'll send you mine and you can cut and glue feathers on him too. Lol. That thing looks great man. Excellent job on that one.

snapper1982

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 11, 2016, 10:03:56 AM
Heck, I'll send you mine and you can cut and glue feathers on him too. Lol. That thing looks great man. Excellent job on that one.

Lot of people would have me do them but it took about 32 hours to do and no way people would pay what i would charge lol.

wvmntnhick

I bet you're wrong. With the products that sell today, someone would pay for it. I guarantee.

snapper1982

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 11, 2016, 06:23:25 PM
I bet you're wrong. With the products that sell today, someone would pay for it. I guarantee.

It was a tedious process for sure but man did it turn out good! I made one before this one and gave it to Hookedspur

hookedspur

Yes sir the best decoy I've ever looked at..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

It's got me considering doing it but I don't use mine as is. Was actually considering selling my b-mobile and my avian x breeder to pick up the Montana purr-fect pair. I just don't like dealing with the weight and bulk. I like the avian a lot but the bulk is almost a deal breaker for me. Who knows though. May just suck it up and plug away with them.

snapper1982

I carry mine with me pretty much all the time. I have carried them several miles before.

wvmntnhick

Not me man. I actually pulled out the avian last night and set her to the side. Not real sure what I'm replacing her with just yet but it'll probably be something else for sure.