turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran crystal mistress

Started by LongSpur440, April 10, 2016, 05:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I've owned several crystal calls and the Mistress is the best. The turkeys eat it up too!

Strick9

I sold both my Mistress and my Twisted Sister and had John Sinclair build me a special Crystal of Titanium in a Kingswood pot.. I don't know that I have ever run something with more Turkey in it period.

You can't go wrong with the mistress or the sister but if you want something that doesn't sound like every other guy in the woods with the same pot... ya might rethink on it...
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

LongSpur440

Thanks for all the opinions. I have a John Sinclair king wood brass it is really nice, called in one with it Saturday. Just thinking of getting something to go with it that is equally good jus different sound. I have been reading some of the posts trying to figure what most people like and there seems to be a few makers that are brought up regular. Thanks for all the responses

Ol timer

Mistress or Sister both sound good id choose the Sister I just like the raspy sound better, with a snakewood  or purpleheart striker its a killer. Good luck choosing.

coyote1

It is the best sounding crystal call i have.

Jroddc

I would recommend the Mistress and his double glass

Snood Life

It is the best sounding crystal call I have ever ran.

greentag

Quote from: Jroddc on April 11, 2016, 08:12:08 PM
I would recommend the Mistress and his double glass
i have all his pots and i too would recomend the double glass,it just seems like it gets better every year.but you cant go wrong with any of them.

Stump.270

I have all of them and the mistress is my favorite but the double glass is really close there is on in the classifieds now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongSpur440

I don't see one in the classifieds? They don't stay long lol. I have seen a few but they re gone already

Jgarrett

I honestly have never heard one of his calls that I didn't like, and that is including his box calls.  The crystal mistress is obviously a fantastic call, just look at the awards it continues to win, but man.....that Halloran double glass.....it is something else.

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

gergg

Looks like I am the 1 out of 1000, but I had the Twisted Sister, Crystal Mistress, and his slate or aluminum? call, was not a fan of any of them.....go figure.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Jgarrett

Quote from: gergg on April 13, 2016, 10:12:45 PM
Looks like I am the 1 out of 1000, but I had the Twisted Sister, Crystal Mistress, and his slate or aluminum? call, was not a fan of any of them.....go figure.

Not unusual at all, I have played lots of great pots from great callmakers that just didn't fit my playing style, that is what is so great about all of these awesome calls out there now, there is always options.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

wvmntnhick

Quote from: BABS9 on April 11, 2016, 11:28:40 AM
Mistress was the first custom pot call I ever got.

Same here. Buddy of mine bought it for me back around Christmas and it opened my eyes to a new world of calls. Didn't realize what I'd been missing. Figured at the moment, one would be good enough. Started looking for a new tube call just for some variety amongst my tubes and ended up striking a deal for a tube and couple scratchers. One scratcher was an SS custom. Blew my socks off. Since then, the custom calls have over run my house. Currently carrying two Crystal calls. The Halloran mistress has a nice higher pitched ring to it and that's why I'll carry it. Sometimes the birds just want a higher pitched clean sounding yelp.

Stump.270

I love David's calls they fit my had perfect and all of them are the same exact size the mistress is my favorite but the double glass is a close second I carry both them but will be hunting with the metal mouth this weekend it has the finest quiet Yelp of any call j have ran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk