turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eotech 512

Started by Jroddc, April 09, 2016, 05:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroddc

Anyone know anything about the Eotech 512. Was wondering how it was to sight in,and if guys use it how they like it.

mrlongbeard

I love my Eotech. I've been hunting with it for years with zero issues.  Simple to sight in and I use the outer ring to range the birds.

wvhoyt19

Love my EOTECH! I purchased a 512 in camo a few years back after shattering a red dot scope due to the recoil of 3 1/2" Nitro Ammo shells. After every season I remove the batteries and then put new ones in the following spring. Always zeroed in after the new batteries. Love the brightness settings in different daylight conditions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jroddc

Quote from: mrlongbeard on April 10, 2016, 07:37:12 AM
I love my Eotech. I've been hunting with it for years with zero issues.  Simple to sight in and I use the outer ring to range the birds.
How is in the rain and do you have any issues with it fogging up?

CrustyRusty

They are a proven optic, but sit a bit too high for my likes.  I prefer something closer  to the axis of the bore like an aimpoint or fastfire type sight.

Duffer58

I was using a Vortex Strike Fire for my turkey / shotgun slug shooting.  The Strike Fire is a reliable red dot but they only have a dot and not a ring.  The Strike Fire also has a button for working with night vision adapter that make the dot almost invisible in regular light and is easy to inadvertently hit.  I selected the 512 because of the ring and the reputation of EOtech.  So far I love it.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

turkey_picker

Love mine, changed out a TruGlo red dot, after the dot went to a starburst instead of a dot. The 512 does sit a little high, but it helps me because I was having problems looking through my glasses with my head down. It is quick to get on target with the ring and dot combo. EoTech has some problems with POI shift,so they say, but I have not had a problem with mine.

harleytom

Having used both Eotech and FFIII I feel qualified to say this. Love the receiver hugging height and light weight of FF, love the dot in ring, and tough build of Eotech. I started on Eotech as first red dot so I'm sort of spoiled to the eye catching ring and do miss that on FF. If we could use the best of both it would be a perfect sight. Maybe someday. In any case I can recommend both as solid sights it just depends on your personal preference/priorities.